New release available for download here.
In celebration of the Third Annual OpenStorage Summit, we have decided to hold the first-ever NexentaStor Home Brew Contest! From the uncommon to the extraordinary to the utilitarian—how do you use NexentaStor? Tell us your story and you could win airfare, hotel, and free admission to OpenStorage Summit, hosted by Nexenta.
There is no defined list of criteria (except one, see below) for winning. (It is, after all, the first time we have done this contest and we have no idea what people will submit!) Tell us about your experience using NexentaStor software: Does it encompass creative, effective, or wacky hardware configurations. Does it solve unique problems? Does it fill a specific business use case? How is it deployed? Tell us your story.
The only mandatory requirement is that you must be using NexentaStor and you should have a compelling story. Winners will be invited to tell their stories at the OpenStorage Summit, October 31 & November 1 in San Jose, California (www.openstoragesummit.org).
Enter early for more chances to win great stuff. We will have fun random door prizes up until the September 15th deadline! Final winners will be selected via secret ballot by the NexentaStor community. Submit your story (along with any photos, videos, or other visual aids) to the NexentaStor.org OpenStorage Summit forum.
We have several members of the ncp community who have graciously provided repo's for the community to use. They have full repo's identically to the original nexenta.org repo's
These new repos are available to use now!
NexentaStor Project: ISCSI youtube (1 comment)
If you are a student with a desire to get paid for some summer hacking come work on some of the illumos projects
Read more at
We get so many request for performance info, that we have created a new category to just help keep that information organized.
Nexenta.com rolled out a new website this weekend. If you find deadlinks on this site please let me know email@example.com
New release for download
Download local (v3.1.2)
MD5sum (v.3.1.2): c0731c92e7a75438485cd5ee1a97ae54
NexentaStor Community Edition 3.0.5 is now available.
- Fix for 'smbsrv overflows kernel stack'
- Fix for 'svc.configd leaks'
- Disable 'deduplicate stream' for autosync (cause: ZFS send w/dedup (-D) generates corrupted stream)
- zfs_putpage() optimization
- FIx for 'Spontaneous reboot in igb'
- Allow adjustment of cache timeout in idmapd (https://hg.illumos.org/issues/677)
- backport 6952867 recursive rwenter in dsldatasetcloneswap
- backport 6954665 system stuck spinning in arcevictghost()
- backport 6950219 large ghost eviction causes high write latency
- backport 6953403 arc_adjust might adjust MRU unnecessarily
- backport 6951024 arcadapt can lead to wild arcp adjustment
- backport 6952177 SA handling of on-disk corruption can be improved
- backport 6953896 zfs IOs got hung on a V210 running osol-139 durung iozone
- backport 6959651 assertion failure in dedup
- backport 6957089 race between dedup prefetch and table remove
- backport 6957113 accessing a fifo special file in .zfs snapshot dir panics kernel
- backport 6964175 integration of Intel ixgbe shared code 3.5.13
- backport 6947876 oplin driver detect false hang during specweb tests on X4440
- backport 6940695 Changes to relaxed ordering in new shared code can impact performance
- backport 6969304 The per-ring statistics mapping register is not set correctly in some cases
- backport 6863750 kmem metadata in zfsfiledata impedes debugging non-debug crash dumps
- backport 6942439 Sporadic complete I/O halts
- backport 6779186 need domain controller hot failover
Also available in: Atom