**NexentaStor 3.x Community ISO** CD images can be installed on “bare-metal” x86/64 hardware. The hardware compatibility lists for [OpenSolaris 10.03](http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/data/os/) indicate what is supported. The NexentaStor installer also **verifies** hardware compatibility before installation commences. For more information on hardware compatibility please visit NexentaStor [FAQ](http://www.nexenta.com/nexentastor-faq).
NexentaStor 3.x Community ISO can be deployed in accordance with EULA agreement.
NexentaStor Community Edition can be deployed with up to **TWELVE Terabytes** of user data with no limits on the total size of attached storage. Recommended system requirements:
* 64 bit processor (32 bit not recommended for production)
* 768MB RAM minimum for evaluation, 2GB okay, 4GB ideal
* 2 identical relatively small disks for high-availability system folder (for operating system and the rest appliance's software)
* Additional drives/storage for data volumes
## Download ##
Select the type of download below. We provide the choice of downloading the install CD iso, as well as pre-installed VMware and Xen virtual machines.
|**CD Image**|**Vmware Image**|**Xen Image**|
|v3.x This can be installed on any x86 based machine, or Virtual Machine. | This image can be used directly with VMware, to provide an installed NexentaStor Community Edition 3.x environment | This image can be used directly with Xen, to provide an installed NexentaStor Community Edition 3.x environment|
|Not available yet|Not available yet| Not available yet|
## Nightly and Testing builds ##
Apart from the above releases, we also place our daily nightly and testing builds online, so you can test the very *very* latest bits of the appliance. Download these at:
## Getting Started and Registration key ##
The download does not require registration. For the first steps, please refer to [Quick Start Guide](http://www.nexenta.com/corp/component/remository/func-startdown/11/). You will be able to activate the appliance with [Registration Key](http://www.nexenta.com/corp/developer-edition-registration) Key](http://www.nexenta.com/corp/community-edition-registration) and use it for free.
Please note, however, that Community Edition is supported by Community Forums and (IRC channel)[#nexentastor] only. If you're looking for support with the product, please use the Trial Edition of NexentaStor. Complete details can be found [in this table](http://www.nexenta.com/corp/nexentastor-overview/nexentastor-versions).
## Bugs, Issues Reporting ##
* [Community Edition Database](http://www.nexentastor.org/projects/site/issues) - to view issues found in Community Edition Beta/Test ISOs. During the beta period, March - April 2010, you can report Community Edition as well as Trial Edition beta results via the product support feature or by emailing support 'at' nexenta.com. You can also see the forums section of this site for community support.